Nothing challenges or tests an organization and its leaders more than poor business results, especially in situations where performance has declined rapidly or unanticipated events have created a business crisis.
Under such pressures, many well-meaning leaders take broad-based and aggressive action — but unfortunately without a clear overall plan or strategic focus. Solutions are developed and launched without fully understanding the problem to be solved, the resulting changes are either sub-optional or counter-productive and employees find themselves busier than ever but less productive. Activity becomes confused with effectiveness, creating a downward performance spiral that occurs far too often.
In addressing situations requiring a quick and effective business turnaround, we employ our RAPID℠ approach. This methodology provides a structured and deliberate approach to efficiently address the most challenging of business conditions. Although each turnaround situation is unique, our approach includes a standard sequence of stages that leverage best consulting practices:
• Review of available performance data
• Comprehensive assessment of all potential need areas
• Prioritization of competing needs
• Selection of strategic levers that will have the greatest positive impact
• Translation of strategies into actionable goals
• Execution with clear accountability, visibility and tools to measure, monitor and manage results